SPort Education Against Radicalisation (SPEAR) is a 24 months small collaborative partnership in sports. Whose goal is to prevent radicalizing young people encouraging social inclusion and equal opportunities in sport.
The project partners will achieve this objective by creating a network of 8 ambassadors that will reach young people in events at the local level using the Education Through Sport (E.T.S.) methodology. The ambassadors will constitute a transnational network for sports education against radicalization, strengthening the links between project partners and external stakeholders. In addition, comprehensive research will provide the European state-of-the-art about current practices to prevent radicalization in sport and sports education. Afterward, the ambassadors will realize a set of awareness-raising actions online and in sports events.
Radicalization issues are a part of the prevention and fight against violence and intolerance that are part of the E.U. strategy on the sport.
“SPEAR” Partner Consortium:
- MV International (Italy)
- Champions Factory (Bulgaria)
- INTEGRATION FOR ALLA (Sweden)
- D.E.L. – ASSOCIATION FOR DEVELOPMENT, EDUCATION, AND LABOUR (Slovakia)
- Prevention of and fight against violence and intolerance
- Social inclusion in and through sport
- Research on radicalization and identification of the best practices about countering radicalization in and through sport
- Develop a training format to empower ambassadors in reaching out to young people using the E.T.S. methodology.
- Creating a network of ambassadors
- Piloting of the training format
- Awareness-raising activities: Online campaign, sports actions with young people
- The final event hosted by MV International in Sassari: Sport championship against racialization, SPEAR Conference
Transnational Project Meetings:
- Online Meeting (supposed to be in Orkelljunga, Sweden)
- Sofia, Bulgaria – 4-5 September 2020
- Stropkov, Slovakia – 27-28 May 2021
- Sassari, Italy 12-13 December 2021
The project is co-funded by the ERASMUS+ Program of the European Commission!
Project Manager: Ivan Ivanov