“Youth in Social Entrepreneurship” is an international youth exchange project which gathered 32 young people from 4 countries (Bulgaria, Armenia, Georgia and Turkey) in 5 days of activities in the period 26 June – 2 July 2017 in Varna, Bulgaria and empower them with social entrepreneurial attitudes and mindset.
“Youth in Social Entrepreneurship” is an international youth exchange project which gathered 32 young people from 4 countries (Bulgaria, Armenia, Georgia, and Turkey) in 5 days of activities in the period 26 June – 2 July 2017 in Varna, Bulgaria, and empower them with social entrepreneurial attitudes and mindset.
The problem: Unemployment has been identified as a big concern in Europe and beyond especially among youth with fewer opportunities in rural and urban areas where they lack education and opportunity. Employability and being able to make a
decent living are directly related to life fulfillment and personal independence. Young people in the vicious cycle of unemployment suffer from frustration, depression, low self-esteem, and even aggression and cynicism.
- to explore the concept of social entrepreneurship as a tool for tackling local social problems of marginalized young people, refugees/asylum seekers, and migrants.
- to empower youngsters to start their social enterprises.
- to learn about applying practical, innovative, and sustainable approaches to benefit society in general, with an emphasis on those who are marginalized and poor.
- to learn how to achieve large-scale, systemic, and sustainable social change through a new invention, a different approach, a more rigorous application of known technologies or strategies, or a combination of these.
- to learn how to use Youthpass and the Key Competences for creative process of skill harnessing, self-reflection and documentation of the personal learning process.
- to form teams from participants to do research and observation in their local communities after they return in order to find useful insights and opportunities for value creation and social entrepreneurship.
Coordinating organization: Champions Factory Sports Club
Synergy Youth – Armenia
Zift Organisation – Turkey
Student Youth Council – Georgia
The project is organized with the Financial support of the ERASMUS+ Program of the European Union and with the support of the Human Resource Development Center.