This project is a continuation of the “AGES Project”, which analyzed gender differences in adolescent sports practice and found thatgender stereotypes were still present in sport. Previous research has focused on analyzing the influence of parents on adolescent practice, but coaches and teachers have been relegated to second place, despite the hours of sports practice they perform with adolescents. Therefore, without leaving aside the other stakeholders (parents, sports directors, athletes), coaches and teachers will be the main target of the project.
The main objective is
To promote among coaches, teachers, athletes and sports directors the equal practice and inclusion of adolescents in sports, in order to put an end to gender stereotypes present in this field in the six participating countries. The project specific objectives are:
The project specific objectives are:
- To increase, through its actions, awareness on social inclusion issues in sport in Europe.
- To promote the participation of teachers, coaches, trainers from seven different European countries on training courses about breaking down gender stereotypes and prejudices in the sports sector.
- To involve stakeholders as well as female athletes from different countries in activities aimed at raising their awareness of the need to efficiently and effectively promote gender equality in sport, and to evaluate whether the activities carried out have had the expected impact.
- To create learning material that guarantees its replicability in other contexts, thanks to the involvement of partners from countries with heterogeneous socio-cultural, geographical and historical characteristics and to disseminate among the stakeholders.
- To increase the membership of the participating organizations in the network of partners involved in European projects on this issue, thus assessing the importance and value that these organizations attach to the cooperative projects on gender issues.
WP1 represents the “Project management and Coordination”, being UCAM the main responsible for managing the project. WP2 corresponds to “Promotion of Gender Equality, Equity and Inclusion in Sport”in which a Focus Group (T2.1), a European Handbook (T2.2), and a workshop (T2.3) will be carried out. In WP3 “Innovativecourse for physical education teachers and coaches of sport clubs”, the content of the training courses for coaches and teachers will be designed and developed (T3.1),the online tools were designed and developed (T3.2),the courses will be implemented(T3.3) and the creation of pedagogical material for e-learning training will be carried out (T3.4). WP4 corresponds to the “creation of a Decalogue of good practices” (T4.1) including the most relevantcontents obtained during the project for the promotion of equality and equity in adolescent sport. It is intended that the results obtained on the improvement of teachers ‘and trainers’ knowledge on gender stereotypes have the widest possible scope and dissemination (WP5). This dissemination will be carried out through a general dissemination phase (T5.1), the preparation of scientific articles (T5.2) and the dissemination of results through an international congress (T5.3). In this way, the material generated during the project could be useful for the training on gender stereotypes of other professionals from different countries.