Roma Inclusion through Sport in Europe (RISE) is 18-month Small Collaborative Partnership framed under the Erasmus+ Sport priority “encouraging social inclusion and equal opportunities in sport” addressing the needs of underprivileged young EU citizens and organisations dealing with this target group. The key objective of the project is to promote social inclusion, equal opportunities and awareness of disadvantaged situation of the Roma minority through sport-based education activities.
RISE Partner Consortium:
- Budapest Association for International Sports (BAIS), Hungary
- D.E.L – Association for Development, Education and Labour, Slovakia
- Asociatia “Liber la Educatie, Cultura si Sport” (Freedom for Education, Culture, and Sport Association), Romania
- Association TAKT – Together Advancing Common Trust, Skopje, North Macedonia
- Champions Factory, Bulgaria
General aims of the project:
- To promote social inclusion, equal opportunities and sport-based education for underprivileged (especially Roma) young people, and raise awareness of the importance of health-enhancing physical activity through innovative cross-sector cooperation;
- To empower and build capacity of sport clubs, youth organisations, educational institutions to develop and deliver sport-based educational activities targeting underprivileged populations, especially Roma youngsters;
- To collect, classify and promote European good practices in the field of social inclusion through sport and to develop a sport-based educational methodology to be introduced in an accessible handbook;
- To up-skill trainers, coaches, youth leaders and NGO staff with necessary knowledge to realize sport-based educational interventions to underprivileged target groups, such as Roma youngsters.
Duration: January 2020- June 2021
- Kick-off Meeting in Budapest, Hungary (14 February 2020).
- Transnational coordination meeting, Bucharest, Romania (May 2020)
- Transnational training course, Sofia, Bulgaria (November 2020)
- Closing and dissemination seminar, Bratislava, Slovakia (May 2021):
Main products/tangible results of the RISE project encompass:
- The RISE educational handbook
- A database of European good practices
- RISE Online Platform
- Recognition certificates
- Newsletters, videos, photos and leaflets
The project is co-funded by the ERASMUS+ Program of the European Commission!
Project Manager: Ivan Ivanov