“Let’s Take Sport Out of Youth” is an initiative of organizational development enabling Champions Factory United Kingdom to employ the educational potential of Sport to the promotion of upskilling and entrepreneurial development of disadvantaged Adult categories (low-qualified Adults from disadvantaged rural areas and urban suburbs, migrants) as an instrument of empowerment, employability (also in terms of entrepreneurial engagement) as well as social inclusion.
“Let’s Take Sport Out of Youth”objectives are:
- Increasing organizational capacities in the design and management of project proposals in the Erasmus Plus Adult field, with a particular focus on the use of Sport as a tool of upskilling and entrepreneurial development of disadvantaged Adult targets.
- Acquiring methodologies and professionalism in the use of Sport, in combination with Non Formal Education (NFE) methodologies as an instrument of education fostering the social inclusion, employability and entrepreneurial attitudes/skills of disadvantaged Adult targets.
- Enhancing the range of targets and educational offer of the organization through regular activities, at the local and European levels, connecting the educational potential of Sport with the specific learning needs and constraints of disadvantaged Adult targets.
- Fostering the European dimension of the organization by developing long-term partnership arrangements and regular exchange of knowledge/good practices with established European NGOs working in the Adult field.
- Developing specific Erasmus Plus project initiatives in the Adult field focused on the educational use of Sport as a tool of social inclusion, employability and entrepreneurial development of disadvantaged Adult categories.
“Let’s Take Sport Out of Youth” mobility plan is implemented based on the development needs identified in the phase of planning and designing the proposal. The following mobilties of Champions Factory’s regular staff members are foreseen in the project for the attainment of expected results:
- Mobility of 3 Project Managers from CF to Italy (Mine Vaganti NGO) in order to attend a Training Course on the design of project proposals (KA2 Action) in the field of Erasmus Plus Adult.
Expected outcome: The Training Course will support the achievement of project European Development Plan through providing participants (Project Managers regular staff members of the organizations) with specific knowledge and competences in the elaboration of project proposals in the Erasmus Plus Adult field, with a particular focus on KA2 the sectoral realm of Sport.
- Mobility of 3 Trainers members of CF’s regular staff to Croatia (Rijeka Sport’s Association) for the purposes of attending a Training Course on the use of Sport as a tool of upskilling and entrepreneurial development of disadvantaged Adults.
Expected outcome: The Training Course will satisfy the organizational need for developing capacities of customizing the educational use of Sport to the needs and constraints of an Adult audience of learners, with a focus on Adults with a low level of skills and qualifications affected by unemployment and socioeconomic exclusion.
- Job Shadowing of 2 staff members with management responsibilities of CF in the premises of the Italian partner Mine Vaganti NGO (Italy) for the purposes of exchanging knowledge and good practices on the use of Sport as an instrument of education in the Adult field as well as developing joint initiatives and partnership schemes in the field.
Expected outcome: The experience will contribute to meeting the needs identified in the European Development Plan through providing the applicant organization with a with needed capacities of networking, allowing the latter to develop specific initiatives in the field in cooperation with established NGOs working in Erasmus Plus Adult, as well as laying the grounds for the development of a long-term sectorial partnership.
Official dates of the project: 01.10.2018-31.09.2020