“The NEETs in Needs” project is a two-stage project consisting of two youth exchanges each involving 60 NEETs from UK and Bulgaria. We are convinced that its unique structure has great potential to impact an important amount of young people – although conceived as a short term project, it is planned to have a long lasting impact. Through the project we are promoting employability and active participation of young people in pushing forward the idea of a stronger and united Europe. We are using Education through Sport and Non-formal education methodologies to develop personal and professional skills, which will turn our participants inactivity into productivity.
- to provide youth with fewer opportunities with an opportunity for integration and international exchange
- to foster mutual understanding between young people in different countries
- to give to participants the opportunity to gain cross-skills, soft skills and participatory and leadership attitudes through Sport and Non-Formal Education
- to promote the engagement of young people in the education and/or labour market
- to stimulate young people’s spirit of initiative, creativity and entrepreneurship
- to raise awareness of Erasmus+ program and to spread of EU core values among young people.
The first activity of the project “ The NEETs in Needs” was successfully implemented in the period 17-23 February 2020 in Varna, Bulgaria. The youth exchange gathered 30 youngsters form Bulgaria and 30 form the United Kingdom and involved them in various activities. As a result we enriched their cultural knowledge, soft skills, empowered them to be more active in their local communities.
The second activity is planned for June 2020 in Varna (Bulgaria).
The project is co-funded by the ERASMUS+ program of the European Union.